Jun 3, 2011

Summary




Titled after an eponymous work by Estonian composer Arvo Pärt, this film is a collaborative project. A musician, Yoon Lee, used audio signals from varying instruments and tone generators to vibrate a plastic membrane over a speaker. Acrylic powder on the membrane formed shapes, as long as the sound was passing through. The process was captured with a down-shooting camera in stop-motion manner. And I took care of charcoal drawn animation, live action, and montage for this film. As to the music, Pärt works in minimalist style that employs self-made compositional techniques. His compositions depict simple harmonies, reminiscent of ringing bells. Exceedingly stable, yet fragile. 

3 comments:

  1. I love this little film and the music of Arvo Pärt. Thanks, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this short film very much. It's very lyrical, I think. And I love this Arvo Part minimalist style.

    Very nice and very impressive. I am looking forward for seeing more of your works!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, friends. More is coming!

    ReplyDelete